Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- must satisfy the requirements of the elements, performance criteria, foundation skills and range of conditions of this unit, and;
- must also maintain one of the following cleaning storage areas: cleaners' room located at client work site; in-vehicular cleaning storage facility used to transport cleaning equipment from site to site.
In doing the above work, the person must:
- maintain cleaning storage area and stock levels, ensuring correct storage of equipment, chemicals and consumables required for work site and client requirements;
- maintain the security and accessibility of storage area;
- maintain accurate labelling of chemicals;
- maintain legible stock control records and documentation, and;
- access each of the following documentation: accident and incident reporting documentation; job sheets; health and safety control procedures, forms and documentation; safety data sheets (SDS).
In doing the above work, the person must also implement correct emergency response procedures in the event of a chemical spillage on site or inside the cleaning storage area, including:
- undertaking correct clean-up procedures, including erecting required signs and barricades, and;
- accurately and legibly completing required incident reporting documentation.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- application and operation of on-site communication tools;
- documentation requirements in the event of an incident or accident;
- environmental requirements relating to maintaining cleaning storage areas;
- key requirements of legislation, regulations, codes of practice and industry advisory standards relating to maintaining cleaning storage areas;
- safe handling techniques for working with hazardous chemicals;
- procedures for safe treatment and handling of the following waste;
- processes for inventory and stock control and ordering replenishment stock, and;
- manufacturer specifications for equipment and chemicals being used.