Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- must satisfy the requirements of the elements, performance criteria, foundation skills and range of conditions of this unit.
The person must also use safe and efficient methods to remove waste at three different cleaning sites. Across all three sites they must remove both of the following types of waste: general; contaminated and hazardous biological waste.
In doing the above work, the person must:
- identify the different waste types and correct methods for dealing with each, including health and safety requirements;
- identify site hazards and control risks before handling waste;
- select and prepare cleaning equipment and chemicals required for the task;
- identify items for recycling at each site and arrange for their transfer, and;
- clean the rubbish bins and surrounds.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- environmental requirements relating to removing waste and recyclable materials;
- key requirements of legislation, regulations, codes of practice and industry advisory standards relating to removing waste and recyclable materials;
- processes for safely handling and treating waste;
- safe handling techniques for working with hazardous chemicals, and;
- waste transfer procedures.