Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- must satisfy the requirements of the elements, performance criteria, foundation skills and range of conditions of this unit;
- clean and maintain two of the following different hard floor surfaces, and;
- use different cleaning methods when cleaning the above surfaces.
In doing the above work, the person must:
- identify site hazards and control risks before commencing the task;
- identify type and condition of hard floor surface;
- select cleaning equipment and chemicals required for task;
- correctly and safely handle waste, including contaminated materials;
- comply with company, legislative and regulatory requirements relating to the cleaning work, and;
- use safe and efficient cleaning methods.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- application methods for maintaining hard floor surfaces using microfibre cleaning techniques;
- environmental requirements relating to maintaining hard floor surfaces;
- methods for cleaning and maintaining microfibre cloths and mops;
- key requirements of legislation, regulations, codes of practice and industry advisory standards relating to maintaining hard floor surfaces;
- processes for safely handling and disposing of waste;
- safe handling techniques for working with hazardous chemicals, and;
- types and characteristics of different hard floor surfaces and required cleaning methods for each type.