Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- select and use microfibre cleaning equipment;
- clean, using a different technique in each instance, three different types of surface;
- selecting, using, and maintaining personal protective equipment (PPE);
- manual handling techniques;
- communicating effectively with supervisor or clients;
- safely using microfibre cleaning equipment;
- disposing of collected soil and waste, and;
- using efficient cleaning methods.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- microfibre equipment including; microfibre cloths, microfibre mop, microfibre towels;
- different type of surfaces including; hardwood, tile, vinyl, laminate, glass and marble;
- microfibre cleaning techniques for removing wet and dry soiling from surfaces;
- workplace requirements for undertaking all aspects of microfibre cleaning methods;
- methods for communicating and clarifying work requirements with supervisors and clients; verbally, in person or via phone, via electronic medium such as text and email, electronic or written reports, and;
- workplace procedures.