Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- select and properly use PPE and safely store and maintain cleaning equipment in three different types of storages;
- selecting, using, and maintaining personal protective equipment (PPE);
- manual handling techniques;
- communicating effectively with supervisors, and;
- understanding, clarifying, and following supervisor or client instructions.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- common requirements for storage of equipment, chemicals, and consumables and reasons for storage methods;
- PPE, cleaning solutions, vehicle security elastic straps and nets;
- key procedures for keeping storage areas accessible and free of obstacles including the cleaning storage areas: commercial, industrial and vehicle;
- principles of first-in first-out storage of chemicals and consumables;
- workplace requirements for undertaking all aspects of maintaining storage area and cleaning equipment;
- methods for communicating and clarifying work requirements with supervisors and clients; verbally, in person or via phone, via electronic medium such as text and email, electronic or written reports, and;
- workplace procedures.