Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- properly use personal protective equipment (PPE);
- sort and remove waste and recyclable materials in two different workplace contexts;
- selecting, using, and maintaining personal protective equipment (PPE);
- manual handling techniques;
- communicating effectively with supervisor or clients;
- understanding, clarifying, and following supervisor or client instructions;
- disposing of collected waste, and;
- recycling materials.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- procedures to safely Identify, separate and sort and remove recyclable materials;
- industry-standard equipment such as, waste bins, rubbish bags, cleaning solutions and disinfecting products;
- workplace requirements for undertaking all aspects of waste removal and recyclable materials;
- methods for communicating and clarifying work requirements with supervisors and clients; verbally, in person or via phone, via electronic medium such as text and email, electronic or written reports, and;
- workplace procedures.