Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- communication skills;
- initiative and enterprise skills to identify and report to appropriate personnel any faults in tools, equipment or materials;
- literacy skills;
- numeracy skills to apply measurements and calculations;
- planning and organising skills;
- teamwork skills to work with others to action tasks and relate to people from a range of cultural and ethnic backgrounds and with varying physical and mental abilities;
- technical skills to maintain an effluent disinfection system for the treatment of secondary effluent in a domestic treatment plant or installations identified by regulatory authorities as requiring an effluent disinfection system, and;
- technology skills.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- inspection and assessment procedures for effluent disinfection systems;
- job safety analysis (JSA) and safe work method statements (SWMS);
- principles of drainage design;
- principles of effluent chlorine disinfection and the operation of effluent chlorine disinfection systems, including their adjustment to meet necessary output measures;
- processes for accessing information and for calculating material requirements;
- relevant statutory and authorities' requirements related to installing effluent disinfection systems;
- SI system of measurements;
- standards applicable to the installation, and;
- workplace and equipment safety requirements.