Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- ability to recognise procedures, respond to change and contribute to workplace responsibilities, such as current work site environmental or sustainability frameworks or management systems;
- communication skills to: enable clear and direct communication, using questioning to identify and confirm requirements, share information, listen and understand; follow instructions;
- use and interpret non-verbal communication;
- use language and concepts appropriate to cultural differences;
- innovation skills to select appropriate tools and equipment, respond to workplace challenges and put ideas into action;
- numeracy skills to workplace requirements;
- problem solving skills to recognise and take action to rectify minor faults and problems, and;
- teamwork skills to be able to work with others to action tasks and relate to people from a range of cultural, social, ethnic backgrounds and with varying physical and mental abilities.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- basic maintenance of static machines;
- job safety analysis (JSA) and safe work method statements;
- materials handling related to working with static machines;
- types of static machines and their operation, and;
- workplace and equipment safety requirements.