Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills on two different sites:
- locate electrical sources, underground and overhead services, and assets;
- undertake work according to the safe work method statement (SWMS), and;
- retract from powered area on completion of work.
The above work must involve:
- locating, interpreting and applying information, standards and specifications relating to working safely around electrical sources, services and assets;
- complying with site safety plan and work health and safety (WHS) legislation, regulations and codes of practice applicable to workplace operations;
- locating on-site electrical sources, underground and overhead services, and assets and identifying associated required safe work practices;
- installing safety signage and barricades before commencing work, and;
- safely positioning plant and equipment on site, giving consideration to location of electrical sources, underground and overhead services, and assets.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- environmental requirements relevant to the work site and job task;
- equipment safety requirements, including procedures for accessing and interpreting;
- procedures for materials storage and environmentally friendly waste management;
- techniques to read and interpret plans, specifications and drawings;
- safe work practices required on construction sites, and;
- types, characteristics, uses and limitations of plant, tools and equipment used in the work specified in performance evidence.