Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- communication skills to: enable clear and direct communication, using questioning to identify and confirm requirements, share information, listen and understand;
- use language and concepts appropriate to cultural differences; use and interpret non-verbal communication, such as hand signals;
- organisational skills, including the ability to plan and set out work;
- teamwork skills to work with others to action tasks and relate to people from a range of cultural and ethnic backgrounds and with varying physical and mental abilities, and;
- use a range of mobile technology; voice and hand signals to access and understand site-specific instructions.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- construction terminology;
- job safety analysis (JSA) and safe work method statements;
- material safety data sheets (MSDS);
- quality requirements;
- types, characteristics, uses and limitation of plant, tools and equipment, and;
- workplace and equipment safety requirements.