Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- application of Australian standards and manufacturer specifications;
- application of the Building Code of Australia (BCA);
- communication skills to: communicate information to client; enable clear and direct communication, using questioning to identify and confirm requirements, share information, listen and understand; identify and negotiate client requirements; seek advice;
- read and interpret: legislative and planning requirements, and relevant Australian standards;
- use and interpret non-verbal communication;
- use language and concepts appropriate to cultural differences;
- written skills to produce a waste management strategy;
- numeracy skills to apply calculations, and;
- problem solving to determine optimum waste minimisation practices.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- building and construction industry processes for building sustainability;
- relevant state or territory building and construction codes, standards and government regulations, and;
- workplace safety requirements.