Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- apply manufacturer specifications and Australian standards and codes;
- apply structural principles to a variety of structures within BCA Classes 1 and 10;
- consult with industry professionals;
- enable clear and direct communication, using questioning to identify and confirm requirements, share information, listen and understand;
- read and interpret project documentation;
- use language and concepts appropriate to cultural differences;
- use and interpret non-verbal communication;
- identify and analyse relevant information;
- select structural members based on project or specification requirements, and;
- work safely to OHS regulations and site requirements.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- building and construction industry contracts;
- relevant state or territory building and construction codes, standards and government regulations;
- underlying mathematics related to structural analysis, and;
- workplace safety requirements.