Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- enable clear and direct communication, using questioning to identify and confirm requirements, share information, listen and understand;
- communicate information effectively within the organisation and to external agencies and the client;
- read and interpret: contracts; drawings and specifications;
- use language and concepts appropriate to cultural differences;
- use and interpret non-verbal communication;
- prepare and maintain site files;
- produce schedules and orders;
- identify and analyse relevant information, and;
- numeracy skills to apply calculations.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- operation and structure of the organisation's costing and contracting system;
- state or territory building and construction codes, standards and regulations relevant to the form of building or construction being undertaken;
- types of building or construction drawings and specifications commonly used in the industry, and;
- types, scope and usage of labour through the employee and contractor systems.