Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- developed and implemented a quality framework for the delivery of at least 1 service or program;
- conducted at least 1 review of service delivery that identified barriers to quality and provided recommendations for improvement, and;
- established a continuous improvement plan for at least 1 service or program.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- legal and ethical considerations and how these are applied in organisations;
- service and industry guidelines and standards;
- principles of holistic and person-centred support, and where to access good practice information relevant to the industry sector;
- best practice and good practice;
- quality assurance processes relevant to service type;
- existing state and national quality frameworks relevant to service;
- importance of principles and practices to enhance sustainability in the workplace, including environmental, economic, workforce and social sustainability;
- vision statements, philosophical statements of organisation;
- needs of clients, and;
- impact of own attitudes to client groups on service delivery and strategies to improve own professional practice.