Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- used a range of supportive behaviour techniques, as described in the education organisation's supportive behaviour plan, and contributed to the development of risk-management strategies for non-classroom based activities;
- valuing and responding appropriately to cultural difference;
- making accurate observations and assessments of student interactions, and;
- reporting information accurately and correctly according to organisational standards.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- supportive behaviour techniques appropriate to the education environment and students;
- risk-management procedures of the organisation;
- appropriate sources of required additional information about students to be supervised;
- reporting requirements for hazards/incidents;
- effective use of communication equipment/procedures, and;
- responsibilities of the education support worker when supervising students in non-classroom environments.