Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- communication skills to clarify requirements of documents;
- literacy skills to edit and proofread documents; to create documents with a complex, organised structure of linked paragraphs which use simple and complex syntactic structure;
- numeracy skills to collate and present data, graphs and annotated references, and;
- problem-solving skills to use processes flexibly and interchangeably.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- enterprise style guide/house style;
- formatting styles and their impact on formatting, readability and appearance of documents;
- organisational requirements for ergonomics, work periods and breaks, and resource conservation techniques, and;
- rules and conventions for written English, as defined by general and specialist dictionaries and books about grammar.