Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- scope and develop organisational policies and procedures that comply with legislative requirements and support the organisation's sustainability goals covering at a minimum: minimising resource use; resource efficiency; reducing toxic material and hazardous chemical use; employing life cycle management approaches; continuous improvement;
- plan and implement sustainability policy and procedures including: agreed outcomes; performance indicators; activities to be undertaken; assigned responsibilities; record keeping, review and improvement processes;
- consult and communicate with relevant stakeholders to generate engagement with sustainability policy development, implementation and continuous improvement, and;
- review and improve sustainability policies.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- outline the environmental or sustainability legislation, regulations and codes of practice applicable to the organisation identify internal and external sources of information and explain how they can be used to plan and develop the organisation's sustainability policy;
- explain policy development processes and practices;
- outline organisational systems and procedures that relate to sustainability, and;
- outline typical barriers to implementing policies and procedures in an organisation and possible strategies to address them.