Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- determine appropriate resource levels in line with micro business profile and desired profit;
- identify, assess and select digital technologies;
- select options for resource acquisition suited to the micro business and financial position, including stakeholder needs;
- establish relationship with suppliers including negotiating and reviewing supplies to suit profile of micro business, and;
- develop procedures and systems to allow for efficient and effective installation and use of resources, including monitoring and maintenance as required.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- identify legislative requirements relating to micro business operations;
- describe the functions of key digital technologies and their benefits and challenges to micro business;
- list functions of a range of business equipment and machinery;
- outline the micro business profile and structure;
- describe procedures and systems for use of and routine maintenance of resources, and;
- summarise types of resources required as per the micro business profile.