Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following performance criteria:
- communication skills to articulate expected standards of performance, to provide effective feedback and to coach staff who need development;
- risk management skills to analyse, identify and develop mitigation strategies for identified risks, and;
- planning and organisation skills to ensure a planned and objective approach to the performance management system.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- relevant legislation from all levels of government that affects business operation, especially in regard to occupational health and safety and environmental issues, equal opportunity, industrial relations and anti-discrimination;
- relevant awards and certified agreements;
- performance measurement systems utilised within the organisation;
- unlawful dismissal rules and due process, and;
- staff development options and information.