Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- implement continuous improvement systems and provide mentoring and coaching support to enable individuals and teams to participate in decisions, take responsibility, show initiative and implement improvement processes;
- implement processes to inform team members about savings and productivity/service improvements achievements;
- communicate effectively to support the continuous improvement system and implementation of improvements;
- apply continuous improvement to customer services including internal and external customers;
- implement, monitor and adjust improvement plans, processes and procedures to improve performance;
- document performance to identify further opportunities for improvement, and;
- manage records and reports within the organisation's systems and procedures.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- give examples of continuous improvement processes;
- list typical areas of need for coaching and mentoring to support continuous improvement;
- explain how change management techniques can support continuous improvement and initiative, and;
- identify the organisation's systems and data that can be used for benchmarking and monitoring performance for continuous improvement.