Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- literacy skills to interpret policies, signs and instructions and to use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- learning skills to research and increase own knowledge of medical terminology, and;
- communication skills to understand, clarify and explain instructions and procedures.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- medical terminology, including the fundamental word structure used in medical terms;
- basic systems of the body;
- organisational documentation and recording requirements;
- source of information relating to medical terminology, and;
- key provisions of relevant legislation from all levels of government that affects business operations, codes of practice and national standards.