Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- use current multimedia equipment and programs;
- assist others to use multimedia equipment and programs;
- correct minor operational faults, and;
- report on use of multimedia equipment and programs and make recommendations for upgrading.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- explain range of current multimedia options relevant to the work context at a generalist level;
- describe features and general operating functions of different multimedia options;
- list common faults and ways of rectifying these in multimedia equipment and programs used;
- outline scope of repair and maintenance activities that can be undertaken without specialist assistance;
- identify sources of information on multimedia equipment and programs, and;
- explain conditions of current licences and equipment maintenance agreements.