Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locate legal information from a range of sources;
- document central tenets and applications of torts law, and;
- provide a documented explanation of burden in law of torts.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- define commonly used legal terminology, institutions and main features of Australian legal system;
- outline methods used to identify appropriate information about sources of Australian law;
- identify torts;
- explain meaning of: occupier's liability and vicarious liability, and;
- explain law of defamation.