Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- negotiate and present persuasively;
- communicate clearly with business associates, client groups and others to position the business to best effect including listening actively, understanding the information needs of others and adapting communication to suit the audience;
- prepare for, participate in, and lead meetings to obtain outcomes, and;
- prepare and make presentations to groups of people.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- explain the business and organisational protocols for the release of information and communicating internally or externally;
- explain the requirements to maintain confidentiality in the workplace;
- identify industry, media and government organisations, events and communication channels relevant to the organisation;
- demonstrate principles of cross-cultural communication;
- explain principles of negotiation, mediation, conflict resolution and incident de-escalation, and;
- describe structured and inclusive meeting procedures.