Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following performance criteria:
- access and analyse information to achieve planned outcomes;
- apply techniques for resolving problems and conflicts and dealing with poor performance within organisational and legislative requirements;
- review and improve workplace outcomes in consultation with relevant personnel;
- adjust interpersonal style and communications to respond to cultural and social diversity;
- apply relationship management and communication skills with a range of people;
- demonstrate integrity, respect, empathy and cultural sensitivity and promote trust;
- forge effective relationships with internal and/or external people and help to maintain these networks;
- encourage participation and foster contribution of and respect for ideas and feedback, and;
- provide support to colleagues to resolve difficulties.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- give examples of how work relationships, and the cultural and social environment, can support or hinder achieving planned outcomes;
- explain techniques for developing positive work relationships and building trust and confidence in a team including interpersonal styles, communications, consultation, cultural and social sensitivity, networking;
- explain the impact of legislation and organisational policies on workplace relationships;
- describe a range of methods and techniques for communicating information and ideas to a range of stakeholders;
- outline problems solving methods;
- explain methods to resolve workplace conflict;
- explain methods to manage poor work performance, and;
- explain how to monitor, analyse and introduce ways to improve work relationships.