Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- follow organisational and safe work practices including: ergonomic requirements; energy and resource conservation techniques;
- adhere to organisational requirements for: ensuring consistency of style and image; logically sequencing data; producing documents within designated timelines; naming and storing documents;
- adhere to task requirements when producing documents, and;
- resolve any issues including: formatting issues; errors and omissions; problems with design and production.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- outline various formatting styles and their effect on formatting, readability and appearance of documents;
- explain organisational requirements for ergonomics, work periods and breaks, and energy and resource conservation techniques;
- identify purposes, uses and functions of desktop publishing software, and;
- describe purpose and contents of an organisational style guide.