Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- establishing procedures and practices that foster innovation;
- reinforcing the value of innovation to the vision and objectives of the organisation;
- model ling behaviour including being receptive to ideas, giving constructive advice, evaluating own work, establishing and maintaining relationships based on mutual respect and trust, taking considered risks that provide opportunities for innovation;
- evaluating how the physical environment can be enhanced to support innovation and collaboration and collaborating on ideas to make improvements including in the selection of physical resources and equipment, and the design, fit-out and decoration of the workspaces, and;
- making changes to a workspace that will encourage innovation in at least one of: design; fit-out; decoration.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- explain the concepts and theories of innovation and how these link to innovation in practice;
- explain the context for innovation in the workplace including core business values, overall objectives, broader environmental context and the need to ensure the value and benefit of innovative ideas and projects;
- discuss the factors and tools that can motivate individuals to use creative thinking and apply innovative work practices;
- research the legislative framework that impacts on operations in the relevant workplace context;
- explain how different approaches to management and leadership can support or hinder innovation, and;
- discuss typical challenges and barriers to innovation within teams and organisations and ways of overcoming these including rewarding and celebrating innovation, coaching and learning, modelling behaviour and managing the physical environment.