Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- work with a variety of incoming and outgoing mail;
- engage mail carriers' to organisational requirements, and;
- apply relevant legislation to handling mail.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- outline the Australian postal codes system;
- explain key provisions of relevant legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice that may affect mail handling;
- describe organisational policies and procedures specific to handling electronic mail procedural requirements for receiving/despatching and prioritising correspondence, and;
- list the range of mail services available.