Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- adjust language and behaviour as required by interactions with diversity;
- identify and respect individual differences in colleagues, clients and customers, and;
- apply relevant regulations, standards and codes of practice.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- identify major groups in the workplace and community, as defined by cultural, religious and other traditions and practices;
- identify reasonable adjustments that facilitate participation by people with a disability, and;
- explain the value of diversity to the economy and society in terms of: workforce development; Australia's place in the global economy; innovation; social justice.