Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- undertake critical analysis, testing and development of a model, prototype or aspect of a design solution to meet an identified need, and;
- present model to key stakeholders using the most appropriate best practice methods.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- explain the elements and principles of design and their application in relevant design context;
- describe key features of the wider industry, with the economic, social and historical context for the design solution;
- discuss design trends and technologies including other designs and the work of other design practitioners in the relevant context;
- summarise sources of information that support the development of technical and other knowledge, and;
- describe the technical expertise, resources, materials, tools, equipment, techniques and industry processes required for the area the design solutions are being implemented in.