Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- greet customer and establish rapport/relationship in accordance with organisational requirements;
- identify customer needs using appropriate interpersonal skills;
- provide prompt service to address customer needs in accordance with organisational requirements;
- identify and follow up opportunities to increase the quality of service and products, and;
- respond to and record all customer feedback according to organisational standards, policies and procedures.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- identify and briefly describe key provisions of relevant legislation from all forms of government that apply to provision of customer services, and;
- identify and explain workplace organisational policies and procedures relating to customer service and the customer service process.