Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- process and document customer complaints according to organisational and legislative requirements;
- use effective communication techniques to discuss options and resolve complaints, and;
- follow correct procedures when referring and following up complaints.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- identify the key provisions of relevant legislation from all forms of government that may affect aspects of business operations;
- explain the communication skills required when handling customer complaints;
- outline organisational procedures and standards for processing complaints, and;
- list external bodies to which complaints could be referred.