VU Facts. The University of Opportunity and Success - transcript
This video shows the Victoria University campuses, facilities, staff and students but contains no audio. The only sound is background music.
The on-screen text throughout the video is as follows:
Victoria University: The University of Opportunity and Success
2016: A Centenary of Education
Educating students in Melbourne’s West since 1916
25 Years as a University
Higher education. Vocational education.
202,000 alumni worldwide
Over 15,500 students graduating each year
Ranked in the top 2% universities worldwide
Ranked in the top 400 universities worldwide
Our MBA ranked number 2 in Australia
Campuses in Melbourne’s West, Melbourne’s CBD, and Sydney
Courses delivered in China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore and Myanmar, including the Asia-Australia Business College at China’s Liaoning University
A Practical, Hands-on Learning Approach
1000 different placement opportunities in companies, not-for-profits, arts, science, engineering, health and sports businesses.
Our law students have given advice to thousands of people and gained experience at County Court, Family Court, Kirby Court, Magistrates Court, Supreme Court, Victoria Police.
Our TAFE graduates performed best in Australia, with 78.6 % receiving a job-related benefit as a result of training at VU.
Champions of Diversity.
We rate high for our cultural diversity (Good University Guide 2016).
Our students were born in 177 countries and speak 206 different languages.
Over 100 international exchange partners.
The Victoria Business Confucius Institute established in 2015.
VU Graduates Achieve Amazing Things
Our alumni have been awarded Young Victorian of the Year, Victorian Young Achiever of Year, International Student of the Year, Postgraduate International Student of the Year, AOs and OAMs.
Some started at a certificate level, continued on to a diploma, degree and even to PhD studies.
VU students have become State Treasurer, Olympians, Government advisers, Actors, Entrepreneurs, Councillors, Inventors, MPs, World Champions, Performers, Authors, Musicians, Indigenous Leaders, Thought Leaders, Scientists, Social Activists, CEOs, Cabinet Minister.
Excellence in Research
In the 2015 Excellence in Research Australia ratings, we received:
- 5 stars (well above world standard) in Nursing, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Human Movement and Sports Science
- 3 or 4 stars (at or above world standard) in Education, Artificial intelligence and image processing, distributed computing and information systems, tourism and cultural studies, language, communication and culture.
12 Research Centres and Institutes:
- Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active living
- Institute for supply chain and logistics
- Institute of sustainability and innovation
- Mitchell Institute for Health and Education Policy
- Victoria Institute for Education, Diversity and Lifelong Learning
- Victoria Institute of Strategic Economic Studies
- Centre for Applied Informatics
- Centre for Cultural Diversity and Wellbeing
- Centre for Chronic Disease
- Centre for Environmental Safety and Risk Engineering
- Centre for International Research in Education Systems
- Centre of Policy Studies.
Over 180 industry-based research projects active in 2015.
Around 600 research papers produced annually.
93% satisfaction with skill development among our research students (*VU Current Research Experience Survey, 2014).
Leaders in Sport
One of the biggest research partners with over 20 joint research projects underway.
The world’s most sports industry connections.
Unique Partnerships with the Western Bulldogs.
- joint research initiatives
- staff appointments
- work placements for students
- collaborative education programs
- joint community activities
11 Olympians since 2000.
10 students competed in 2015 World Championships.
700 students at the Australian University Games.
National Champions at the Uni Games in 17 teams sports.
27 sport clubs.
30,000 campus sport engagements.
The highest graduate employment outcomes in Australia in the sporting industry.
$68m Learning commons & sports science facility.
$51.6m Western Centre for Health Research & Education.
$44m 6 green star rated Construction Futures facility.
New 500 bed student accommodation open in 2016
Victoria University: The University of Opportunity and Success (closing frame).
View the video on YouTube.
View the video on the University profile page.