Study our specialised Study Abroad Certificate program in Melbourne to enhance your knowledge in Food and Nutrition. You'll be taught by nationally- and internationally-recognised experts in their field across the specialities of food science, food service and nutrition.
Our program has a strong focus on the development of fundamental science and nutrition knowledge which applies this knowledge into the community setting. We'll provide you with a chance to experience food and nutrition learning through classroom teaching, as well as through practical application of your knowledge in real world scenarios. This will help to prepare you for a successful career in the fields of food and nutrition.
Coming to Melbourne, students will be able to experience the rich diversity that multicultural Melbourne has to offer, including the most cafes/restaurants in the world (per capita). Melbourne is the culinary capital of Australia - where you can experience food and nutrition at its best, both in your studies and in your daily life.
To receive the Certificate, you must successfully complete four units of study (courses) in one semester.
- HPC1000 Introduction to Human Nutrition and Food
- RBM1518 Human Physiology 1
- RBM1820 Nutrition, Society and Communication
- RCS1110 Chemistry for Biological Sciences A
- HFS2001 Properties of Food
- HFS2003 Food Microbiology
- HFS3001 Food Processing
- RBF3256 Food Product Development
- HHN3503 Introduction to Food Service
- HHN3602 Food Service Systems
- HHN3605 Nutrition Challenges
- HPC1001 Food Components
- RBM1528 Human Physiology 2
- RCS1120 Chemistry for Biological Sciences B
- HFS2002 Food Safety and Preservation
- HFS3233 Managing Food Enterprises
- RBF3151 Food Quality Assurance
- HHN3001 Nutritional Biochemistry
- HHN3603 Nutrition Project
To be part of the Study Abroad Certificate program, students must have:
- completed one year of tertiary study
- fulfilled their home institution’s academic requirements for overseas study
- have a 2.5 Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale
- provided documentation supporting their English language proficiency.
- Semester 1: February to June
- Semester 2: July to November
Contact your International Programs Office for application closing dates.
For more detail about the Certificate in Food & Nutrition, contact the Victoria Abroad team:
Phone: +61 3 9919 1921 | +61 3 9919 1319