To apply as an international student at Victoria University (VU), register your details on the International application and enquiry system. Once you have registered follow the steps to submit your international application online.
To submit an international student application, you need to follow these steps.
- Find a course you are interested in
- Make sure you meet the entry requirements for international students.
Once your application is complete, you can:
- check on your application status
- respond to admission officer's comments
- prepare to accept your offer
In order to submit complete application, you will need to ensure all of your documents are readily available. These may include:
- Certified copies of your academic transcripts
- Evidence of your English language proficiency (if available)
- Completed Advanced Standing forms (if you are applying for credit)
If you cannot provide all of your documentation, you can still complete your application. You will be asked to provide any missing documentation at later date, which will increase the application processing time.
Apply through an international education agent
View our list of international education agents who have signed agreements with Victoria University.
Applying for credit
To apply for Advance Standing (credit for prior study) or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) you will need to submit an Advanced Standing or RPL form and submit it with your application.
- Advanced Standing form - higher education for bachelor, graduate study, masters and research degrees.
- Recognition of Prior Learning & credit transfer form - VE/TAFE for certificate and diploma courses
To apply for a research degree, you need to complete some additional steps in order to apply for research candidature.
To submit an international research application, you will need to:
- Select Masters by Research, PhD or professional doctorate
- Align your research with VU's research focus areas
- Prepare your research proposal
- Register to apply on the International Application and Enquiry System
- Submit proposal for review by supervisor
- Submit your international application by the application deadline
- Accept and enrol.
Find our more about becoming a research candidate.
You may be eligible for a scholarship. Find out more about the international scholarships available to you, and details on how to apply.
Apply in person
VU International now offers an express application process if you apply in person at VUHQ at our City Flinders Campus. Our international student officers will prioritise processing of your application and waive the application fee.
Apply to study an English language course
To apply for an English language course, download and complete the International Student Application Form for ELICOS Courses and attach any supporting documents.
If you do not meet the English Language requirements for VU course, you may be offered a place to study English at VU English. You will not need to submit an application to study English in this case as it will be included in your offer to study.
Apply to study in Melbourne on exchange
If you would like to study at VU for a short time, you can alternatively apply for Study Abroad or Student Exchange program.
Contact the international office
If you have further questions, you can make an enquiry online or in person with one of our international contacts.