Applications are now closed for the Aspire: Young Muslim Women's Governance and Leadership program.
Aspire is for high-achieving young leaders who:
- identify as a Muslim woman
- are 18-24 years old (at the time of application)
- live in Victoria, Australia
- are involved in a community organisation, group or society with a large Muslim membership.
Places are limited. Only 16 young women will be selected for the program.
We especially encourage you to apply if you're from a newly arrived community, or have arrived in Australia during the last ten years.
Interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates at the Sir Zelman Cowen Centre in Melbourne’s CBD on:
- Wednesday 13 March 2019, 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Thursday 14 March 2019, 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Tuesday 19 March 2019, 10.00am to 4.00pm.
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of March.
As part of your application please include your:
- Resume with two references
- cover letter – which describes:
- work you have done with your community
- why you would like to be part of this program
- your commitment to sharing your learnings from the Aspire program with members of your organisation or community.*
*Participants are asked to please provide details of how they plan to do this, e.g. supporting individuals, running workshops, delivering presentations.
Applications closed midnight Monday 11 March 2019.