Aspire is open to high-achieving young leaders who:
- identify as a Muslim woman
- are 18-24 years old (at the time of application)
- live in Victoria, Australia
- are involved in a community organisation, group or society with a large Muslim membership.
Places are limited. Up to 16 young women will be selected for the program.
We especially encourage you to apply if you're from a newly arrived community, or have arrived in Australia during the last ten years.
The project aspect for Aspire 2020 will be to draft a grant application, with guidance from expert mentors and your community organisation.
I am outside of the age range. Can I still apply?
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications from applicants outside of the nominated age range. The age range is determined by funding requirements and feedback from past participant cohorts.
We recommend contacting the Islamic Council of Victoria, the peak Muslim body in Victoria, for information about programs for people of all ages.
Group interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates at the Sir Zelman Cowen Centre in Melbourne’s CBD on:
- Tuesday 10 March 2020, 9am to 5pm
- Friday 13 March 2020, 9am to 5pm
- Monday 16 March 2020, 9am to 5pm
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of March.
How to apply
To apply, complete the online form below and send the supporting documents in a separate email. Please note that applications missing a resume or cover letter will not be accepted.
As part of your application please email the following documents to [email protected]:
- Resume with two references
- cover letter – which describes:
- work you have done with your community
- why you would like to be part of this program
- your commitment to sharing your learnings from the Aspire program with members of your organisation or community.*
*Participants are asked to please provide details of how they plan to do this, e.g. supporting individuals, running workshops, delivering presentations.
Applications close midnight Sunday 1 March 2020.