Thank you for registering your child to the Victoria University (VU) High performance youth training program. By registering your child, you acknowledge that you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
- I give permission for my child to participate in indoor and outdoor, sport and recreational land and water-based activities organised for the days my child will be attending the Program.
- I agree to pay for the entire program (and not cancelled within the relevant time frame) regardless of whether my child actually attends.
- Any changes or cancellations to my child’s registration must be made at least seven days prior to the first day of the commencement of the Program, unless a medical certificate is provided in the instance that my child is unwell or injured and cannot participate.
- I confirm that I will collect my child at the designated finish time each day that they are attending the Program. Failure to collect my child on time will result in a late fee of $10 for every 15 minutes I am late. This late fee will be payable on the day it is incurred. If late fees have not been paid, I acknowledge that my child cannot attend any further days of the Program (and no refund will be due).
- I authorise VU and VU staff, in the event of accident or illness, to obtain all necessary medical
- I confirm that my child is physically able to participate in the activities organised for the days my child will be attending the Program.
- I acknowledge that I have provided all relevant information relating to my child’s allergies, medical concerns or behavioural issues (if any) in the registration form.
- I acknowledge that my child will not attend the Program if suffering from an infectious disease as defined by the Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria.
- I authorise VU staff to provide sunscreen to my child (unless I have specifically notified VU otherwise).
- I agree to provide my child with lunch (or adequate money to purchase lunch) every day that they attend the Program. I confirm that my child will not bring any food items that contain or have traces of nuts to the Program.
- I understand and have impressed on my child that they are required to take instruction from VU staff. If my child continuously demonstrates inappropriate behaviour or refuses to follow instructions given, I will be notified and my child may be removed from the activity, suspended for a period, or excluded permanently from the Program, at VU’s discretion. If this occurs I agree to come and collect my child immediately at VU's request.
- I acknowledge that there are certain risks of injury which are inherent to sports and recreational activities organised as part of the Program. These may be minor or serious and may result from one’s own actions, or the actions of others, or a combination of both.
- I acknowledge that my child may experience some delayed onset muscle soreness, as a result of undertaking new movement patterns related to strength and conditioning training.
- I agree that VU does not accept any liability for personal injury, property damage or loss sustained by any participant as a result of his or her participation in the Program due to any cause whatsoever, unless caused by the proven negligence of VU.
- I acknowledge that if my child cannot confidently swim 25 metres independently they will be required to wear a life vest at all times while in the water, and may be restricted from participating in certain activities (including the pool inflatables).
- I consent to my child having his or her photograph taken while participating in the Program, and his or her photograph being used in VU’s marketing and promotional material.
- VU is committed to the safety, wellbeing, participation and empowerment of children and young people in accordance with the Victorian Child Safe Standards. VU has zero tolerance of child abuse or harm. All reports of child safety concerns will be taken very seriously and consistently in accordance with the university policies and procedures. I acknowledge the prevention of child abuse or harm is the shared and collective responsibility of the VU community which includes staff, students, visitors and parents.