Since 2013, the Victoria University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme has been expanded to include Postdoctoral Research Fellowships with Industry, which provide appointments of 3 years duration.
The Industry Fellowship requires the development of strong, active research collaboration between Victoria University and Industry. A key goal of the Fellowship is the development and submission of an ARC Linkage Project application during its term.
Industry Fellowship objectives
The objectives of the Victoria University Industry Postdoctoral Research Fellowship scheme are:
- To enhance and develop an industry relevant research culture and capacity at Victoria University.
- Produce world-class researchers to meet the research needs of the broader Australian innovation system (industry).
- Assist in strengthening the critical mass of researchers within the University's areas of research focus.
- Embed full-time research fellows within teams, leading to an increased high quality research output.
- Provide early career researchers with the opportunity to establish a strong research track record that will allow them to embark on successful research careers, and develop an understanding of the requirements for industry relevant research.
- Develop a cohort of well-credentialed researchers suitable for on-going academic appointments at Victoria University.
For VU research leaders only (requires VU login when off campus).
- VU Industry Postdoctoral Fellowship Guidelines
- VU Industry Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Form (Microsoft Word, 234.67KB)
For more information on the VU Industry Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme, please contact:
Zana Stefanovski, Senior Officer, Research Funding
Phone: +61 3 9919 4710