Our research teams specialise in web mining, data management, health informatics and e-health service-oriented computing. These are increasingly important in the management of issues in the environment, health services, sport performance, tourism, law and other sectors
The applied informatics program offers research specialisations in:
- data mining and knowledge discovery
- big data
- business analysis and decision support
- information technology and sports performance
- e-health/health informatics
- social networking
- water resource management
- artificial intelligence.
Our multidisciplinary approach incorporates expertise from the following areas:
Multidisciplinary research on applied informatics is undertaken in partnership with government, industry, not-for-profit organisations and other universities in Australia and overseas. Our research partnerships include collaborations with:
- Chinese Academy of Science
- Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
- Nanjing University of Finance and Economics
- Fudan University (China)
We are also part of other research networks and collaborations committed to developing technologies that have benefits to most industry sectors.
Please contact us if you would like to collaborate on research on applied informatics and deliver real benefits to industry, the community and your organisation.