The Applied Mathematics research group specialises in applied mathematics, mathematical inequalities, networked control systems, and approximation and bounds in economics, and general applications across the engineering and science disciplines.
Areas of research
Our main focus is on interdisciplinary research and application of mathematics, statistics and operational research for solving problems. This includes:
- complex dynamical systems modelling and analysis
- reliable control systems design, robustness analysis, signal processing
- mathematical inequalities and their applications in numerical analysis
- information theory & coding
- population dynamics
- special functions theory and probability and statistics.
- Networked control systems with large time-delay interval.
- Accurate numerical approximations and bounds in economics, statistics and general applications across the Engineering and Science disciplines.
- State filtering and parameter identification for nonlinear polynomial systems.
- Approximation and bounds in a variety of areas including risk/ruin problems, actuarial science and populations.
Our research group has projects linked with:
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management Industries
- National ICT Australia on Margin Statistics of High Throughput Sequencing (AMSI Industry Internship Program)
|Name||Phone and email|
|Professor Silvestru Dragomir
|+61 3 9919 4437
|Professor Peng Shi
|+61 3 9919 6273
||+61 3 9919 4689
|Dr Fuchun Huang
||+61 3 9919 4431
|Dr Lutfar Khan||+61 3 9919 4687
|Dr Alasdair McAndrew||+61 3 9919 4344
|Associate Professor Anthony Sofo||+61 3 9919 4869
|Dr Gabriele Sorrentino||+61 3 9919 5227
|Dr Jakub Szajman||+61 3 9919 4286
|Dr Eder Kikianty||University of the Witwatersrand
Johannesburg, South Africa
|Professor Pietro Cerone||Honorary Professor
|Dr Neil Barnett||+61 3 9919 4693
Our research students
Research undertaken by our current postgraduate students.
|Alawiah Ibrahim||Some Inequalities Concerning Power Series and Their Interaction with Univalent Functions Theory|
|Andrew Downard||Measuring and Predicting Supply Chain Dyadic Relationship Success|
|Vijayakumar Sangam||Strategic Outsourcing of Supply Chain: The India Model|
We also pride ourselves with recent postgraduate completions of our research students.
|Dr George Hanna||Cubature Rules From A Generalized Taylor Perspective|
|Dr Gabriele Sorrentino||Option Pricing in a Path Integral Framework|
|Dr Eder Kikianty||Hermite-Hadamard Inequality in the Geometry of Banach Spaces|
|Dr Carsten Sengpiehl||Towards the development of a holistic planning framework for a Logistics City-Cluster: A multinational modified Delphi Study|
Professor Silvestru Dragomir
Group Leader, Applied Mathematics Research Group
Phone: +61 3 9919 4437
Professor Peng Shi
Deputy Group Leader
Phone: +61 3 9919 6273