- Xu (Sean) YanAvailable to supervise research studentsAvailable for media queries
A teaching and research academic in biomedical and exercise science.
- Exercise and muscle physiology with focus on cell signalling
- Nutrition and dietary therapy in chronic diseases prevention and treatment
- Muscle Biochemistry
- Genetics and adaptation to training in health and disease
- Helen YangAvailable to supervise research studentsAvailable for media queries
Dr Helen Yang is an Honorary Fellow at the Institute of Sustainable Industries and Liveable Cities (ISILC), Victoria University. She is an external PhD supervisor of ISILC in the field of accounting research. Helen is currently working at La Trobe Business School, Department of Accounting and Data Analytics as a Senior Lecturer and Accounting Program Director.
- Sustainability accounting and reporting
- Accounting education
- International accounting
- Higher Education
- Wei YangAvailable to supervise research studentsAvailable for media queries
Dr Wei Yang is currently a Lecturer in Built Environment in College of Engineering and Science. She holds a PhD in Building Science from National University of Singapore. Her research impact and contributions are mainly in Building Energy Efficiency, Building Design Optimisation, HVAC System Control, Urban Heat Island and Thermal comfort.
- Building Energy Efficiency
- Building Design Optimisation
- HVAC System Control
- Urban heat island
- Thermal comfort
- Wenjie YeAvailable to supervise research students
Wenjie's is a lecturer in IT and his research interests are in artificial intelligence, blockchain, computer vision, fog computing, robotics, sliding mode control, system automation, vehicle systems and vehicle control.
- Artificial intelligence
- Block Chain
- Software engineering
- Control and automation
- Thomas YeagerAvailable to supervise research students
Dr Yeager is committed to increasing the student experience at VU through research and research training as well as first year teaching.
- Cell culture
- Heat stable proteases in long life milk
- Bioactive compounds from various food sources
- Biological wastewater treatment and nutrient removal
- Pulsed electromagnetic fields as a potential antimicrobial technology
- Janet YoungAvailable to supervise research students
Janet has an avid interest in sport having been a professional tennis player and Australian representative. Her involvement in tennis has included working for the Women’s Tennis Association and Tennis Australia. Currently Janet is a Director of the Evonne Goolagong Foundation and is an Ambassador for Blind Sports Victoria (tennis program).
- Sport and exercise psychology
- Inclusion and diversity