- Janet YoungAvailable to supervise research students
Janet has an avid interest in sport having been a professional tennis player and Australian representative. Her involvement in tennis has included working for the Women’s Tennis Association and Tennis Australia. Currently Janet is a Director of the Evonne Goolagong Foundation and is an Ambassador for Blind Sports Victoria (tennis program).
- Sport and exercise psychology
- Inclusion and diversity
- Natalie Kon yuAvailable to supervise research studentsAvailable for media queries
Natalie Kon-yu is a creative writer, editor and academic. Her areas of research are women's narratives and the representation of women's writing. She is also researching issues around cultural diversity within Australian writing. She has co-edited three books and sits on the Board of Directors of Her Place Women's Museum.
- Creative arts
- Women's writing
- Cultural diversity and inclusion in fiction
- Gender and women’s history
- Feminist literary studies
- John ZeleznikowAvailable to supervise research studentsAvailable for media queries
Over the past 25 years, Professor Zeleznikow has focused on how artificial intelligence can be used to enhance decision-making in domains such as law, negotiation and sport. His research findings have been utilised by law and mediation firms, Victoria Legal Aid, Relationships Australia Queensland, Victorian Institute of Sport, Australian Institute of Sport, and Relationships Australia Victoria.
- Applications of machine learning and probabilistic reasoning
- Artificial Intelligence and law
- Data mining and sport
- Dispute resolution
- Information technology and decision-making
- Yanchun ZhangAvailable to supervise research students
Professor Yanchun Zhang an international leader in database, big data and health informatics research. He currently leads the Centre for Applied Informatics, which focuses on application driven collaboration among experts from different fields. Research within the Centre has generated enormous social impact across health care, community, business and environmental studies.
- Data mining
- Data science
- Artificial intelligence
- Health informatics
- Lew ZipinSupervisor availability unknown
- Cultural Studies of Globalisation and Local-Global Connections
- Education for Social Justice Critical Social Theories and their application to Educational Institutions Theories of Curriculum and Pedagogy Critical Policy Sociology
- Higher Education Work and Governance
- Teachers and Students as Researchers
- Workloads in Universities
- James ZoisAvailable to supervise research studentsAvailable for media queries
James is a leading sports coaching expert and researcher producing highly ranked publications, collaborating on funded research projects, and supporting the development of new knowledge in sports and athlete development.
- Applied Sports Science
- Human performance
- Elite and junior athlete development
- Strength and conditioning for sports and athletic performance
- Talent Identification and Development