- Thomas YeagerAvailable to supervise research students
Dr Yeager is committed to increasing the student experience at VU through research and research training as well as first year teaching.
- Cell culture
- Heat stable proteases in long life milk
- Bioactive compounds from various food sources
- Biological wastewater treatment and nutrient removal
- Pulsed electromagnetic fields as a potential antimicrobial technology
- Natalie Kon yuAvailable to supervise research studentsAvailable for media queries
Natalie Kon-yu is a creative writer, editor and academic. Her areas of research are women's narratives and the representation of women's writing. She is also researching issues around cultural diversity within Australian writing. She has co-edited three books and sits on the Board of Directors of Her Place Women's Museum.
- Creative arts
- Women's writing
- Cultural diversity and inclusion in fiction
- Gender and women’s history
- Feminist literary studies
- John ZeleznikowSupervisor availability unknownAvailable for media queries
Professor John Zeleznikow is an internationally recognised expert, with over 30 years research experience including 15 years working on negotiation decision support and machine learning in law. His areas of expertise include information technology, law and dispute resolution, negotiation, family mediation, divorce mediation, game theory and electoral analysis.
- applications of machine learning and probabilistic reasoning
- Artificial Intelligence and law
- data mining and sport
- dispute resolution
- information technology and decision-making
- Yanchun ZhangAvailable to supervise research students
Professor Yanchun Zhang an international leader in database, big data and health informatics research. He currently leads the Centre for Applied Informatics, which focuses on application driven collaboration among experts from different fields. Research within the Centre has generated enormous social impact across health care, community, business and environmental studies.
- Data mining
- Data science
- Artificial intelligence
- Health informatics
- Lew ZipinSupervisor availability unknown
- Cultural Studies of Globalisation and Local-Global Connections
- Education for Social Justice Critical Social Theories and their application to Educational Institutions Theories of Curriculum and Pedagogy Critical Policy Sociology
- Higher Education Work and Governance
- Teachers and Students as Researchers
- Workloads in Universities