Victoria University, Australia’s leading sport university, in collaboration with the Western Bulldogs Australian Football League club are pleased to announce a PhD scholarship commencing in early 2015.
This scholarship will focus on the statistical analysis / data mining of performance data collected by the club.
The PhD scholarship is valued at $28,500 per year. This initiative is supported by Victoria University’s Institute of Sport, Exercise & Active Living (ISEAL).
The successful applicant will:
- have access to VU's world class sports research facilities at ISEAL in addition to the Western Bulldogs training facility located at the Whitten Oval in Footscray.
- be supervised by VU-Western Bulldogs Senior Sport Scientist, Dr Sam Robertson.
- meet all entry requirements to enrol into a PhD at Victoria University
- display evidence of advanced skills using statistical software packages
- possess programming ability (preferably in R)
have excellent visualisation skills, including the ability to develop dashboards and GUI’s for use in an applied sporting environment
- possess a strong work ethic and ability to innovate
- submit a one to two page cover letter detailing your suitability for the scholarship of interest
- submit a full Curriculum Vitae (including academic transcripts and any supporting documents).
It is desirable for you to have:
- a formal qualification in the mathematical or statistical sciences
- previous experience in high performance sports.
All documents must be submitted to Dr Sam Robertson by 19 December 2014.
Short-listed applicants will be interviewed.