SEED is on the hunt for submissions for 2012 and we want to publish your work, opinions, thoughts and ideas!
Issue three's theme is 'diversity'! The theme is a guideline, but all quality work is welcome. SEED avidly seeks contributions from all students across all VU Faculties.
Want to submit an article but not sure where to start? Consider writing about:
- Around Uni: Write about VU—events, services, faculties, internship programs, history, anything! (1000 - 2000 words)
- Student Success stories: know a student who is doing something great or an alumni who has taken off since graduating? Interview them and let us all know what they're up to and how they got there. (1000 - 2000 words)
- Reviews: give us your take on a record, book, live performance, festival, venue, sporting event, etc. (200 - 500 words)
- Fiction: Write a short story (up to 1500 words)
All submissions must be received by July 2 for this addition. If you submit after this date, you may still be considered for future publications.Advertising space is also available. Please contact SEED for pricing
- Format: Times New Roman, 12pt, double spaced
- Any picture you wish to submit with articles will be considered, should be attached separately and conform to the requirements below.
- High resolution digital photo or scan minimum of 300 dpi
- TIFF, JPG or PDF file format
- File title to include a brief description of work
All submissions must have a title, author name (pseudonym's will be accepted) and contact details in the subject field.
Writers and artists will be notified via email as to whether or not their work has been selected for publication. Submissions will be edited and you may be contacted by an editor throughout the process.
In 2012 send enquiries, suggestions, questions and submission pitches to Michelle Smart (email@example.com).