VU Sport is currently seeking expression of interest from students to become Sport Team Managers and Sport Contacts to assist in getting teams and squads organised to compete at the 2012 Southern (SUG) and Australian University Games (AUG).
We are looking for Sport Team Managers and Sport Contacts to:
- Help get your sport organised and represented in competitive and fun university games events.
- Lead and motivate a team to achieve best results.
- Make connections at university and assist that for others.
- Further develop your leadership and sports administration skills
- Have the opportunity to receive formal recognition through the prestigious VU Sport Awards and through the University's Student Leadership framework.
The following opportunities are currently available:
|Sport Team Manager||Sport Contact|
|AFL - men and women||Athletics|
|Badminton - men and women||Beach Volleyball|
|Basketball - men and women||Cross Country|
|Baseball Open - men and women||Fencing|
|Football (Soccer) - men and women||Kendo|
|Futsal - men||Sailing|
|Golf - men and women||Squash|
|Handball - mixed|
|Lawn Bowls - open|
|Netball - women|
|Rugby Union 7's - men and women|
|Softball - women|
|Table Tennis - men and women|
|Ten Pin Bowling - men and women|
|Water Polo - men and women|
Interested students should get copy of the Sport Team Manager Position Description and submit an application form to our Sport Officer Ashlee Marks firstname.lastname@example.org. Application closes on 8 March 2012.