Victoria University Student Union Inc - Notice of Election
The Victoria University Student Union (VUSU) Elections will be conducted from Tuesday 6 to Thursday 8 October, 2009 inclusive.
Ticket registration is where a group of students wish to nominate as a named group, for example 'The student activists' nominating for several positions under the one name. Ticket registration forms and the VUSU Election Regulations are available from the Returning Officer or in electronic form by telephoning 9919 4061.
Ticket Registration Opens 9am Monday 31st August.
Ticket Registration Forms should be forwarded to the Returning Officer, Russell Woodley, Level 2, Building M, Footscray Park Campus or faxed to (03) 9919 5054 before 4pm sharp on Friday 4th September, 2009.
Nominations are called for the following positions:
VUSU Executive Committee
- General Secretary
- Vice President
- Education Welfare Officer
- Equity Officer
- Events and Activities Officer
- Multimedia Officer
- 5 General Representatives
National Union of Students (NUS)
- 6 Delegates
International Students Association (ISA)
- 9 General Representatives elected by and from International Students
- 1 Campus Representative elected by and from International Students on each relevant campus
Victoria University Postgraduates Association (VUPA)
- 9 General Representatives elected by and from Post Graduate students
- 1 Campus Representative elected by and from Post Graduate Students on each relevant campus
Please note that:
- Relevant campuses are City Flinders, Footscray Park, City King, Melton, Newport, Footscray Nicholson, St Albans, Sunbury, Sunshine, Werribee and Queen St
- Only International Students may nominate for ISA positions.
- Only Post Graduate Students may nominate for VUPA positions.
- Only Higher Education students may nominate for NUS delegates.
- Only financial student members of VUSU may nominate for positions on the Executive Committee and Campus Branches.
Nomination forms and election regulations will be available from Monday 7th September, 2009.
Nominations Open 9am Monday 7th September and close 4pm sharp Friday 18 September, 2009
Nomination Forms, photos and policy statements should be forwarded to the Returning Officer, Russell Woodley, Level 2, Building M, Footscray Park Campus or faxed to (03) 9919 5054 before 4pm sharp Friday 18th September, 2009.
Candidates may submit a photo and a 300 word policy statement in electronic format before the close of nominations.
Registered Tickets may submit a group photo, logo and an 800 word policy statement in electronic format before the close of nominations.
- Russell Woodley
- Returning Officer
- Level 2, Building M, Footscray Park Campus
- Phone: +61 3 9919 4061 or0403 115 347
- Fax: +61 3 9919 5054
- Email: email@example.com