Victoria University celebrated its outstanding student leaders at its annual Student Leadership Awards, attended by more than 100 students, staff and special guests on 25 September 2014 at VU’s City Queen Campus.
Each winning applicant was judged to have improved the quality of the students experience by playing a significant leadership role at the university, or at VU and the wider community.
Individual Award Winners:
- Chathuri Piyadasa - PhD candidate - College of Engineering and Science for her long-term commitment to her community
- Joanna Kulpinska - Bachelor of Arts (Community Development) for her commitment to providing innovative theatre workshops that promote social inclusion to the VU community
- Mathew Carter - Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedic) for his dedication to the VU Paramedic Society
- Rosemary Collins - Bachelor of Arts (Community Development) for her consistent engagement with VU students, and her wider involvement in the Footscray community
- Sarah Margaret Schaefer Rivilla - Bachelor of Arts (Community Development) for her dedication to College Societies and as Student Union Women’s Officer
Clubs & Societies Award:
- Ashley Hodgkin - Bachelor of Psychological Studies/Bachelor of Business, President of VU Psychology Society
Student As Staff Award:
- Sarah Allen - Bachelor of Business for her social media initiatives at VU
- VU - International Student Association for their commitment to all VU international students
Volunteer West Award:
- Sara Williams - Bachelor of Arts (Community Development) for her commitment to VU and the wider community, especially to asylum seeker causes
VU Spirit Award:
- Krystian Tantaro - Bachelor of International Studies for his contributions to the VU Arts Society
Rotary Youth Leadership Award:
- Brianna Stevenson -Diploma of Youth Work for her role as founding member of the Youth Work Student Association
Congratulations to all VU's student leaders. Photos of the night are on the VU Student Leadership Facebook page.