If you would like to represent students, organise social events for students and make a positive difference, nominate to be part of Victoria University Student Union!
The Victoria University Student Union (VUSU) Elections will be conducted from Tuesday 11 to Thursday 13 October, 2011 inclusive.
- The Victoria University Student Union is the peak organisation representing the interests of all students at Victoria University. Students nominate and elect other students to the Executive Committee and Campus Branch Committees of VUSU.
- International students can nominate or elect other international students to the International Students Association (ISA) Committee as a general or campus representative.The ISA is affiliated with VUSU Inc.
- Postgraduate students can nominate or elect other Postgraduate students to the Postgraduate Student Association. The VUPA is affiliated with VUSU Inc.
- The National Union of Students (NUS) represents the interests of higher education students to State and Federal Government and is governed by the NUS National Conference, in this election higher education students will elect 7 delegates to represent VU at the conference.
Ticket registration is where a group of students wish to nominate as a named group, for example 'The student activists' nominating for several positions under the one name. Ticket registration forms and the VUSU Election Regulations are available to download or from the Returning Officer.
Ticket registration will close on Friday 9 September, 2011.
Nominations are called for the following positions:
VUSU Executive Committee
- General Secretary
- Vice President
- 5 General Executive members
- 5 General Representatives
National Union of Students (NUS)
- 7 Delegates
International Students Association (ISA)
- 9 General Representatives elected by and from International Students
- 1 Campus Representative elected by and from International Students on each relevant campus
Victoria University Postgraduates Association (VUPA)
- 9 General Representatives elected by and from Post Graduate students
- 1 Campus Representative elected by and from Post Graduate Students on each relevant campus
Please note that:
- Relevant campuses are City Flinders, Footscray Park, City King, Melton, Newport, Footscray Nicholson, St Albans, Sunshine, Werribee and Queen St
- Only International Students may nominate for ISA positions.
- Only Post Graduate Students may nominate for VUPA positions.
- Only Higher Education students may nominate for NUS delegates.
- Only financial student members of VUSU may nominate for positions on the Executive Committee and Campus Branches.
Only financial student members of VUSU may nominate for positions on the Executive Committee and Campus Branches.
Nominations open 9am Monday 12 September and close 4pm sharp Friday 23 September, 2011
Nomination forms, photos and policy statements should be forwarded to the Returning Officer, Ms Felicity Strong, by email or submitted to the VUSU Election box located in the VUSU office, M1.20 Footscray Park before 4pm sharp Friday 23 September, 2011.
Candidates may submit a photo and a 300 word policy statement in electronic format before the close of nominations.
Registered Tickets may submit a group photo, logo and an 800 word policy statement in electronic format before the close of nominations.