The work bans that the National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) has imposed, withholding some Semester One results, is impacting on hundreds of our students studying units in the Faculty of Business and Law in Semester Two. We are making arrangements to minimise the impact of the continuing industrial dispute between the University and the NTEU.
The known units of study that are affected are:
- BAO1101 Accounting for Decision Making
- BCO1102 Information Systems for Business
- BEO1105 Economic Principles
- BEO1106 Business Statistics
- BHO1171 Introduction to Marketing
- BMO1102 Management and Organisation Behaviour
- BAO1107 Accounting Information Systems
- BAO5527 Accounting Systems and Technology
Second semester starts on Monday July 26 and we have every expectation that all units will run smoothly. Should issues arise we ask you contact either the AskVU or through the Student Service Centres on each campus.
For those students affected the following procedures apply:
- At the beginning of the semester, in the absence of final results being available online, assume you have passed the unit, and continue your studies as planned.
- When results are finally released, assuming this is during the course of semester 2 teaching, if you have failed the pre-requisite, you may withdraw from the semester 2 unit of study without academic or financial penalty, from the University's perspective. Please note however that there may be implications in this choice if you are a recipient of Government financial support, such as Austudy. You should seek advice from Centrelink before withdrawing, if you are an Austudy recipient;
- If you elect to continue to study the semester 2 unit of study, having failed the pre-requisite semester 1 unit of study, should you fail the unit you may withdraw from semester 2 unit of study without academic or financial penalty, from the University's perspective. Note that there may be implications in this choice if you are a recipient of Government financial support, such as Austudy. You should seek advice from Centrelink before withdrawing, if you are an Austudy recipient; and
- If you have failed the pre-requisite semester 1 unit of study and it is a required unit of study for satisfactory completion of your course, you will need to satisfactorily complete the unit in semester 1, 2011.
Victoria University deeply regrets the effect the current industrial action is having on our students and is doing its best to ensure that those students are not disadvantaged as a consequence of the delay in receiving their results.